Monday, December 10, 2012

The Bookmarks Bar : Day Three

Sorry that I didn't post this weekend. I got distracted with homework and this horrible, horrible website. Although despite the fact that it's horrible, it's gotten me thinking about doing storyboarding dissections with video and/or streaming animation and pulling apart some of the acting/timing, but we'll see what happens. I'm fairly certain that Twitch doesn't allow you to stream anything other than games, but it's definitely gotten me thinking about how I can use that kind of format to my advantage. Apparently there's an audience for people watching other people mindlessly playing video games (...hey, sorry, but it's true!), but it'll be a hard sell to get people to discuss story and composition and animation. We can only try and find out.

Anyway, let's make this installment of my bookmarks bar short and sweet.

Hark! A Vagrant!


No doubt that if you've been on the internet for a while, you've come across some of Kate Beaton's historical comics. There's really not much to say about it otherwise except that she's a fantastic illustrator with a sharp sense of humor.

Veer


I keep forgetting that I want to submit stuff to Veer. It's been tough to juggle doing graphic design and illustration (I'm doing more graphic design even though animation and illustration is what I studied and what I'd rather be doing, oy), but I think I'm going to go ahead and submit some stuff later for their site. You can get all sorts of illustrations for projects on this website, and it serves as a great source of artistic inspiration as well.

Digg


I clearly haven't been on Digg in the longest time, because I had to double check that I was on the right website when I clicked the link in my bar. Their layout's changed drastically, but they're still a great source for finding what's popular on the internet.

Well, that's three links for now! Three more are on the way for tomorrow. Still have to do the Cinema Paradiso stuff, actually. I'll probably be uploading that later tonight if I'm not distracted by games and/or sleep and/or animation. Speaking of which, my second AM class ends this week, so I'll be posting my progress reel very, very soon to my other blog.

Also! If you're one of the two people who read this blog (or if you're on Facebook and see this link and read this) why not tell more people about Reinventing The Wheel? At least, please spread the word if you've enjoyed this or let me know what you'd like to see in terms of discussing animation or narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment